I’ve been having a hard time working up motivation to blog or read blogs or spend time on the internet when I get home. After being on a computer all day at work, I don’t exactly want to come home and spend more time on the computer. Plus my days are longer because my commute sucks. Literally, if you live in the Washington DC metro area, you know how I-66 is hell on earth. And because of all of this, the blahs are starting to retake control of my life which means I slowly start to fall apart towards junk food and my couch. Plus the company messed up my food on Friday which means that I didn’t any of my prepared food this weekend which freaked me out. So I spent most of Saturday sleeping, unable to motivate myself to do anything. I forced myself out of bed on Sunday and fight the blahs. I decided to make Fall 2012 goals to keep me motivated working towards my healthy place:
Fall 2012 Goals
- Stop bingeing: this will always top my goals list for forever
- Open my Etsy store: I’ve made tons of jewelry and people keep offering money for my jewelry (including a toll booth collector) so I want to open an Etsy store to try to earn some extra money
- Finish refinishing my vanity: I’ve refinished it once before and I hated out it turned out. So I’m going to redo it.
- Be more social: I have a tendency to be anti-social but I am going to force myself to spend more time off my couch and being with friends.
- Do yoga at least once per week: I feel so much better when I do yoga on a regular basis and unfortunately I know that I wouldn’t do it every day right now but I can aim for once a week.
- Exercise at least five days per week: Surprisingly I have not a problem with working out but I want to keep up my working out motivation.
- Do something creative at least three times a week: Creativity is very important to me whether it’s art journaling, beading, stamping, scrapbooking, etc so I need to keep it consistent in my life.
- Read at least one book every two week: I love to read and I get tons of books at the library. I need to stop watching Netflix and start reading.
- One new activity/learning experience each month: My friend and I have decided that we need to start learning new things and doing different activities. Our goals are to find a new activity at least once a month.
- Learn how to knit: I’ve never been good a knitting but my friend is pretty decent so I’m going to get her to teach me.
I’m fairly excited about my fall goals. Now some of these goals might transition into winter but it feels good to have a motivation guide. I’m just going to keep this page of my art journal open so I can look at it (easily) when I’m lacking motivation. When I’m lacking that motivation to change my life, I end up with the blahs and I don’t want to waste my life in the blahs.
Do you have any fall goals?